For starters, Istanbul has so much more to tell. The city physically connects two continents (Asia and Europe), while simultaneously disconnecting the West from Middle Eastern culture. This mega metropolis is steeped in historical complexity and rooted in traditional Turkish life. But all the while, so much of Istanbul is restless for a change.
Join Circle Istanbul tour to learn the plot behind the paradox and discover the many faces, neighborhoods and viewpoints of Istanbul. You will learn why its stories remain the stuff of legends and why this city will be the one to watch in future.
Note: Circle Istanbul does not overlap nor include the usual tourist sites, such as famous neighborhoods (e.g. Sultanahmet, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar), historical landmarks or museums.
Circle Istanbul is a full day tour from 08:45 am until 7:00 pm included food.Your day will not run with a strict schedule, but you may expect the following.
- explore the most unique neighborhoods on both the city’s Asian and European sides.
- taste authentic local food all day from our favorite vendors, including lunch.
- meet with locals at workplaces, schools and home! (subject to availability)
- catch the rhythm of life at daily bazaars, fish markets, and city centers.
- go on a Cruise on Bosphorus, available only March 1st to October 31st (subject to weather conditions).
- experience a Turkish bath (hamam) after a long day in the city.
- travel with a maximum of 10 people on the tour, and an outspoken, experienced local guide.
- do plenty of walking (8-10 km in total) with breaks, please wear comfortable shoes!
Circle Istanbul typically runs every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Friday. Our meeting point is Hippodrome located in Sultanahmet (Old City). We will email you the instructions once you complete your booking.